Wednesday, November 02, 2005

And I'm going to ...

Afghanistan.
That's right friends - I will be traveling to Kabul in January. For the first few months I will live with my father and will be taking Dari language lessons. (That's right ... from one language school to another. It's rather a shame they don't speak Spanish in Afghanistan.) I will spend the first few months volunteering with Future Generations, the same organization out of which I will be doing my Masters program. In March, I will travel to India for a month to meet with my fellow students and learn on site there. When I return to Kabul in April, the hope is that I will take over from a young man who has been working with Future Generations for the past couple of years. At about that time, my father will be finishing his time in Afghanistan so I will move to another house.

I am both terribly excited and rather overwhelmed. The thought, "Oh dear, what have I just gotten myself into" has definitely crossed my mind. Having said all this, I am also struck that the Lord, again, has provided overwhelmingly. Praise God!

No comments: